Moving home is not complicated but it can be a daunting prospect, and we recognise that your home is probably the largest single investment you will ever make. We offer a wide range of property services all under one roof, and we will always strive to achieve the best price for your property without being unrealistic. Our aim is simple: to provide the best possible service, assist you from start to finish and communicate regularly throughout the whole process – whatever your property needs. If you’re thinking of selling your home call our friendly team or fill out our online valuation form.
- No Sale, No Fee
- FREE no obligation valuation
- Over four decades of collective experience with in-depth local market knowledge
- Properties immediately marketed on Rightmove, CB Estates website, social media & local newspapers
- FREE High-quality photography & floor plans
- FREE " For Sale" board
- Accompanied viewings (all viewers are vetted before we allow them to view your property)
- We will negotiate all offers to achieve the best possible price.
- All offers are substantiated by our recommended, independent mortgage advisor
- Out of hours contact number
- Feedback within 24-hours
- Competitive Fees
From the moment you register with CB Estates we are committed to helping you find your dream home, we understand that this will most likely be the biggest transaction you will make. With our wealth of knowledge, we will advise you throughout the process. If you’re new to the process, we have listed the main procedures below.
- Arranging your finances: We recommend getting your finances in order before you start the process of looking for your new home, getting your agreement in principle (AIP) arranged will put you in the best possible position when you find the right home. If you don’t have a broker or need more details regarding the mortgage process, we have our recommended mortgage advisor who will be delighted to help. It’s also worth taking into consideration the stamp duty when budgeting for your new home, use the stamp duty calculator to work out how much you’ll have to pay https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates
- Registering your details with CB Estates: For us to help find your perfect home we need to know exactly what you’re looking for, we will find out your criteria, so we only contact you with suitable properties.
- Offering on a property: Once you’ve placed an offer on a property, we will provide you with formal notification of your offer being put forward to the vendor. We will need to know how you will be funding the purchase, whether this is cash, mortgage, etc. If you require a mortgage, we will need to see your agreement in principle (AIP) and proof of deposit. If you’re a cash buyer, we will need to see proof of funds. As a duty of care to our vendors, we also ask our recommended independent mortgage advisor to substantiate all offers.
- Offer accepted/sale agreed: Once you’ve had your offer accepted, if required we will ask you to inform your mortgage broker/bank to proceed and begin the process of booking a valuation survey on the property. We will also ask you to instruct a solicitor to begin the legal process.
- Solicitor/Conveyancing: Once we have both the seller’s and your solicitor details the memorandum of sale will be sent to all parties for the legal process to begin. At this point, the seller’s solicitor will send draft contracts, and your solicitor will request funds to begin searches, these include a local search, water and drainage search and environmental search.
- Survey: If you require a mortgage your lender will carry out a basic valuation survey to ensure the property is worth the amount you’re paying. This is not an extensive survey and will not identify all the repairs or maintenance that might be needed. We would advise buyers to carry out a more detailed survey to avoid any hidden costly problems; this can be either a homebuyers report or a full building survey.
- Mortgage Offer: Once your mortgage lender has received the satisfactory valuation survey back you will be issued with a binding mortgage offer. This confirms they are prepared to lend the required funds and will send it to both solicitors.
- Exchange of Contracts: Once the contracts have been signed and deposit money has been transferred to your solicitor, both you and the sellers are legally bound and committed to the sale. You will also agree on a completion date.
- Completion: Once the remaining money owed to buy the property is transferred from your solicitor’s/mortgage lenders account to the seller’s solicitor’s account the property is completed, and we can release keys. Congratulations!!